The H3 has propelled more Grand Tour riders to the podium than any other wheel. Year after year, it is independently chosen by the top riders in the world – when every second counts. The GT3 is the next evolution of that iconic wheel.
Why change? It’s not that the H3 got slower – it’s that the riders began choosing wider tires. Gone are the days of 18 and 19mm tires for time trials; riders now embrace the comfort and rolling speed advantages of wider rubber. The GT3 features a super-wide 26.5mm rim, optimized for use with modern 21 and 23mm tires.
The GT3 is a fantastic wheel for time trials and triathlons. Its solid construction makes it a top choice for athletes with busy travel schedules (and exposure to airline baggage handlers). There are no spokes to break, and the wheel can handle a lot of abuse. It’s time for a new era of fast.
- RIM TYPETUBULAR
- RIM DEPTH46.5mm
- RIM WIDTH26.5mm
- BRAKING SURFACECarbon
- RECOMMENDED BRAKE PADCarbon-specific pad
- HUB MODELHed Sonic H3
- HUB COMPATIBILITYShimano/Campy 9, 10, 11
- SPOKE TYPEStructural Composite
- POWERTAP OPTIONNO
- TRACK OPTIONYes
- RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE21mm+
- WHEEL SIZE700c
- INCLUDESTitanium Skewers,Valve Extenders
- 1. For all types of bicycle wheels, a hard strike on the rim is likely to result in rim damage. At the point of impact, an aluminum rim will dent, and a carbon rim may delaminate. With any such damage to a Hed wheel, our lifetime crash replacement policy enables the original owner to repair or replace the wheel at substantial savings.