HED Stinger 5
Do you want a wheel that’s light, aero, comfortable, stiff, and fast? Do you like having your cake and eating it too? If you answered yes to any of those questions, hunker down for a slice of Stinger 5.
Stinger 5’s are similar to the 6’s in that they’re considered to be ‘do-it-all’ wheels. What’s the difference? The 5 leans towards lighter weight, while the 6 leans towards aerodynamics. It should be noted that – outside of our Stinger 6 – the Stinger 5 is the most aerodynamic rim we’ve tested that’s less than 80mm deep. Some folks even go a little crazy by pairing a 5 front and 6 rear, for the best of both worlds.
The Stinger 5 is also available in a special Pave / CX version. The 5 CX has a wider tire bed specifically made for wide pave and cyclocross tubular tires, while the standard Stinger 5 is optimized for 25mm-and-smaller tires.
- RIM TYPETUBULAR
- RIM DEPTH50mm
- RIM WIDTH28mm
- BRAKING SURFACECarbon
- RECOMMENDED BRAKE PADCarbon-specific pad
- HUB MODELHed Sonic
- HUB COMPATIBILITYShimano/Campy 9, 10, 11
- BUILD AND SPOKES18 front, 24 rear Standard
- SPOKE TYPEBladed steel
- POWERTAP OPTIONYES
- TRACK OPTIONYes
- WHEEL SIZE700c
- WHEEL SET WEIGHT1,381g
- RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE21-25mm (Std rim); 25mm+ (CX rim)
- INCLUDESTitanium Skewers,Valve Extenders
- 1. For all types of bicycle wheels, a hard strike on the rim is likely to result in rim damage. At the point of impact, an aluminum rim will dent, and a carbon rim may delaminate. With any such damage to a Hed wheel, our lifetime crash replacement policy enables the original owner to repair or replace the wheel at substantial savings.