HED Stinger 9
Do you like going (really) fast? Do you love the light weight of tubular wheels? Are you mad for the deepest-section carbon time trial killer on the planet? The Stinger 9 has all of your bases covered.
This wheel is primarily used as a front wheel for time trials (paired with a rear Stinger disc), or as a rear wheel for triathlon (paired with a Stinger 4 or 6 front). Its massive depth and width mean that it can sail like crazy with the wind – providing maximum aerodynamic advantage. Note that we do not generally recommend the Stinger 9 as a front wheel for light weight riders, or folks who aren’t particularly confident on a bike. It’s a speed machine for the most discerning bicycle racers among you.
- RIM TYPETUBULAR
- RIM DEPTH90mm
- RIM WIDTH28mm
- BRAKING SURFACECarbon
- RECOMMENDED BRAKE PADCarbon-specific pad
- HUB MODELHed Sonic
- HUB COMPATIBILITYShimano/Campy 9, 10, 11
- BUILD AND SPOKES18 front, 24 rear Standard
- SPOKE TYPEBladed steel
- POWERTAP OPTIONYES
- TRACK OPTIONYes
- WHEEL SIZE700c
- WHEEL SET WEIGHT1,692g
- RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE21mm+
- INCLUDESTitanium Skewers,Valve Extenders
- 1. For all types of bicycle wheels, a hard strike on the rim is likely to result in rim damage. At the point of impact, an aluminum rim will dent, and a carbon rim may delaminate. With any such damage to a Hed wheel, our lifetime crash replacement policy enables the original owner to repair or replace the wheel at substantial savings.